New technology in architecture 2022
The construction industry is essential to society. A large amount of money moves around it, and at the same time, its development is a thermometer of the economic situation of the countries. Thus, if the economy is doing poorly, construction contracts, and vice versa; if all goes well, it grows and expands.
Dozens of industries are involved in its development: mining companies, contractors, material manufacturers, architects, engineers, governments, real estate, and many other players. Even with all this, it is considered that the construction industry is one of the most backward, and resistant to changes and new technologies since in most cases it is sustained by replicating inefficient processes that generate high rates of waste.
If the productivity of the industry has remained stable despite all the existing technological contributions not yet incorporated into it, can you imagine everything that could be achieved by implementing technological tools from the conception of the projects?
Tech startups are imagining it, and they are becoming increasingly attracted by the high economic flow and the various architectural and construction fragilities that can be resolved. They have even coined terms such as construtech or buildtech, which champion the creation of new applications and tools that seek to improve the way companies design, plan and execute architecture and construction projects, eliminating many of the problems that have affected the industry for decades.
The popularization of drones, 3D printing, laser cutting machines, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality indicate that technology will increasingly be incorporated into the architecture, providing efficiency and innovation that will soon be reflected in greater clarity in decision making, and smarter resources management, and precise workforce control.
Innovations can start at the survey stage, incorporating drones that allow viewing previously impossible angles, thus increasing the accuracy of documents and base plans. With the massive adoption of Building Information Modeling, digital and remote collaboration is possible, integrating all designers and planners in the same virtual collaborative environment.
In the field of work, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality allow the construction of complex pieces to be guided, showing invisible layers or helping to predict risk situations for both the construction and the worker.
At the end of the day, each project is a giant repository of data, so all relationships, decisions, and events in one project are a source of learning for the next. But, to achieve this, it is essential to know how to interpret this data and understand where to intervene in time; this is the main function of the Buildtech.
As the contributions of technology to the architecture and construction industry increase, the margin of error in maneuvers will decrease, and human talent will take on a supervisory and administrative role that, even remotely, will allow management of multiple projects at the same time and make sure they all progress according to plan.
Don't miss out on trends! Better mark them.
Do it with the help of our specialized services:
- Renderings: Our photorealistic renderings can be created from your blueprints, mood boards, or sometimes even from a raw napkin sketch. We help you communicate your design in the most effective way possible.
- Animations: Our animation service will take your project to the next level. While renderings are a powerful tool to present your concept, developing visual marketing content is critical in any digital strategy. Animations can provide a dynamic fly-through of your project, a better understanding of its spatial design, or a teaser that will captivate and excite your audience.
- Virtual Reality: Our interactive 360º VR tours are an immersive prime real estate marketing tool that allows the buyer to feel what it's like to be in an unbuilt property. We achieve this through the use of highly detailed 360º renderings. Virtual tours are a trending service in the real estate industry, used as a standalone product or enhanced with renderings and animations.
- Interactive: Our interactive experience offering is ideal for organizing and creating highly-specialized marketing campaigns for the real estate industry all in one platform. By integrating the marketing and sales experiences, we can open a dialogue for cross-functional teamwork, and by doing so we have sharpened the user experience between the development, leasing, and marketing teams.
- Branding: Coming up with brilliant ideas is just one part of the process; molding, organizing, and making them a reality is another. Branding is an indispensable part of your business and marketing ventures, no matter what industry you're in. That’s why we’ve created our brand development method composed of four frameworks (Business, Creative, Narrative, and Graphic) to find the best strategic approach suited to your needs. Whether you're a start-up looking to give your small business a name and identity, a more established company in need of rebranding, or a new real estate development in the city that wants to stand out in the crowd, we've got you covered.